"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Big Lizard Statuary: More Godzilla Statues In Japan

Above, the "Big G" stands guard at the entrance to Toho Studios.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Fans are familiar with the two Godzilla statues in Tokyo: one in Hibiya and the other at the entrance to Toho Studios in Setagaya.

As previously mentioned, there's a Godzilla statue at the Hamano Hot Springs Resort at Izu Oshima, which is a two-hour hydrofoil ride from Tokyo.

This link will take you to a photo of it.

Above, the Godzilla statue in Hibiya.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Also, there is a Godzilla statue in Morioka in the Tohoku region of northern Japan, which is 77 miles northeast of Sendai.  At the time I was putting together The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan, I was unable to confirm its existence (the most recent post on it was in 2006) or get information on its location.  I wouldn't want to send fans on a "wild goose chase" to see it.  If I am able to confirm its existence and location, I would include it in an updated version of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

I am currently checking with a person who went to see it.  I will report further once I hear back.

In the meantime, here is a link to a photo of the statue in Morioka.

No comments:

Search This Blog