"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chili My Soul, R.I.P.



One of my favorite eateries in the San Fernando Valley was Chili My Soul in Encino.  It embodied the best of the many chili cook-offs I've attended.

I first went there back in 2001 to meet up with fellow G-fan Richard Pusateri to plan an upcoming trip to Japan. Chili My Soul had many different varieties of chili dishes (the menu changed every day) to choose from. The chili ranged from very mild to flaming hot.

I often met up with Richard and other friends at Chili My Soul over the years, most often to have a meal before heading off to a movie.

In the last year or two, while shopping at the nearby Smart & Final store, I noticed that Chili My Soul was gone.  Finally, I decided to see of they moved or what happened.

Unfortunately, the owner (and the heart and soul) of the restaurant, Randy Hoffman, passed away about three years ago and the restaurant closed.

Too bad that a family member could not continue the business following Hoffman's passing.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Armand, I am sorry for your recent loss.

Americans are spoiled brats. The new generations refuse to get their hands dirty in the family restaurant business.

Perhaps with millions of jobs being shipped overseas or abolished by computers the kids will look at the family business as something worth keeping.

Search This Blog