"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Another "Crimp" In The ComiXpress Closure Discovered

Above, Ai with "The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan."  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Another "crimp" has been discovered in relation to the closure of ComiXpress.

Creator Paul Townsend posted a comment asking about his book files that are stored in ComiXpress's server. His computer crashed, wiping out his book files, but wasn't worried about it as they were stored in ComiXpress's server.

Now that ComiXpress is closing, he (and possibly others) are in a panic as they don't have copies of their book files.

Out of curiosity, I checked my own account and went to the link of the stored .pdf approved file of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.  I hit the link and received this:


As I have my book files saved on CD-Roms, I am not worried about this (after all, I was able to have Amazon make the ebook out of it).  But this prompted me to add a comment under Townsend's asking if the links to stored book files will be restored so creators can download them and take them to another publisher.  They're going to be screwed if they aren't able to access their book files.

It will be interesting to see what the response bill be.

No comments:

Search This Blog