"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 8, 2013

August Starting Off Well

Above, Yuu Asakura with "The Monster Movie
Fan's Guide To Japan."  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

August is starting out well.

For starters, I dropped off a stack of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan at the post office. It seems that the exchange rate between the dollar and yen (although it dipped yesterday in trading to around 97 yen per dollar in Tokyo) has been a help. That, plus the downloadable/printable order form, seems to have increased sales. I should have created the order form ages ago.

Another plus, my co-worker who knocked over his soft drink on my laptop paid me in full (including court costs) for the damage. He didn't want to appear in court on this, which was to take place in two weeks, so he paid me now. He could have gotten off a lot cheaper if he would have settled this a long time ago. At least that's over and done with.

I did receive a follow-up call from the producer of the Judge Mathis show last week or so on my Small Claims Court case. But I already decided to not participate. I thanked him for their interest.

I am also saving money on my electric bill as August is more like June temperature-wise. Thus far, summer has been mild in the San Fernando Valley. I wouldn't mind if these temperatures remain in place for the rest of the summer.

Last, but not least. The funds for the Adventures of Superman plaque have been raised. We are currently working on the text and finding a suitable photo to include on it.

So far, so good!

No comments:

Search This Blog