"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 14, 2013

About Ebook Compatibility Issues

Last November, a customer who calls himself "Easy Reader" posted a critical review of the Amazon Kindle ebook edition of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

He wrote, in part:
I don't know if there was a problem with my download or if this guy just needs an editor/proofreader in the worst way. This book was pretty unreadable. Paragraphs end abruptly or meld into others without any rhyme or reason. Sentences end with no punctuation. They just stop. Sections of the book just seem to be dropped into chapters that have no relevancy.
After reading it, I checked it and it looked fine to me. So it was my conclusion that whatever device he was using just wasn't compatible with the Kindle program.

I responded, in part:
Obviously it has to be your download. You need to check to see if your browser, software, app or programs are compatible with the various ebooks so that they render correctly for you. One digital size does not fit all.
I first found out about ebook compatibility issues during a discussion on ebooks at the Classic Horror Film Board forum. I found out there that one ebook digital size does not fit all.

Yesterday, I talked to a customer at the Son of Monsterpalooza convention who recently purchased and used the ebook during his recent vacation to Japan. I asked him if it downloaded okay for him and he said it worked fine and he was using an iPad tablet while scouting around kaiju locations.

This confirms again what my response to "Easy Reader" was. Make sure your browser, software, app or programs are compatible with the various ebooks so that they will render correctly on your device before purchasing.

No comments:

Search This Blog