"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November LAX To Narita Airfare Price Check

Above, a view looking towards Ginza from the Yurakucho Mullion Building.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The summer vacation season has been over for almost two months, but one wouldn't know it from reading the Los Angeles Times Travel section when it comes to airfares to Tokyo's Narita International Airport.

In Sunday's edition, the airfares they came up with ranged from $1,171 to $1,359 from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Narita International Airport (NRT). And, that's not even adding in taxes and fuel surcharge fees. These prices are what one would expect to be right smack in the middle of the summer vacation season, not when it is over and prices start dropping.

Regular readers of this blog know that for the past two times, I found round-trip airfares from LAX to Narita ridiculously lower than that the Los Angeles Times Travel section people came up with.

Let's see if I can do it again for the third time in a row (well, I've actually done it a lot more than two times, but the prices I obtained were much lower that I would ever expect).

Checking a GatewayLAX (which is my favorite source for flight tickets), here's what I came up with:


As you can see from above, I immediately found a much-cheaper round-trip airfare of $189, not counting taxes and fees. It amazes me why the Los Angeles Times can't seem to find cheaper fares. GatewayLAX was (or maybe still is) an advertiser to the paper, that's how I discovered them.

With prices like this one, plus the added bonus of getting more yen for your dollar these days, it is definitely worth your while to get off your couch and head over to Japan.

No comments:

Search This Blog