"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 14, 2014

A Certain Whiskey Ad

Above, the ad that caught my attention. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Almost from the time I arrived in Japan last weekend, I've been noticing an ad for Suntory Whiskey here and there, especially on subway and other trains as well as at train stations.

There's nothing too remarkable about the ad except the woman in the ad reminds me of Yuu Asakura (well, they are both gorgeous Japanese women), one of the models I used for promoting The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan. I mentioned the ad to Tom Logan today and he says the ad lady is pretty famous in Japan.

Above, Yuu Asakura and Armand at the "Utsutsu" press and kick-off party in 2010.

Yuu and the woman in the ad aren't exactly lookalikes, but there's something striking about the ad lady that reminds me of Yuu. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is cute. Did you celebrate Valentine's Day "Japanese-style"? :)

Armand Vaquer said...

If you mean, did I get any chocolates from a lady in Japan? The answer is no.

Search This Blog