"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 21, 2014

Do You Prefer To be Treated Like A King or Livestock By An Airline?

Above, an All Nippon Airways jet being readied at Narita Airport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A friend read my mini-review of my recent flight experience aboard United Airlines' Boeing 787 Dreamliner and had this to say in response:
Armand, nothing beats Singapore Airlines, All Nippon Airlines, JAL, Asiana Airlines, and some others in Asia still with the "Customer is King" attitude that is long since gone from US-flag carriers and one is treated like livestock, and not much more. I really mean that AND from multiple direct, comparative experience across the Pacific on more times than I can count.
I have to agree. My experience aboard several flights with Korean Air and two with Singapore Airlines were vastly different from my United experience. The flight attendants of Korean Air and Singapore Airlines "bend over backwards" to make all passengers comfortable, well-fed (with good food, not swill) and with plenty to drink. My most recent trip to Japan before this month's trip was in December 2010 with Korean Air. Nothing had changed from their superb service of three years prior (April 2007). I would not hesitate to fly with Korean Air again.

It will be likely that my next trip to Japan will be either aboard All Nippon Airlines (since I am an ANA Mileage Club member) or with one of the other Asian airlines. I think I've had it with American carriers for international flights. Very disappointing.

I'd rather be "treated like a king" instead of like livestock.

No comments:

Search This Blog