"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 8, 2014

One Month Ago...

Above, a view of the Skytree from the snowy streets of Tokyo's
Kitchen Town (Kappabashi) on February 9. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It hardly seems like a month (well, a short month since there's only 28 days in February) ago today that I landed at Narita International Airport to begin my trip to Japan and the adventure (one that I would have preferred to pass up) of being stuck in a train car for 16 hours in Chiba Prefecture due to an unusually heavy snowstorm. Ultimately, it took me 22 hours to reach my hotel in the Ueno section of Tokyo.

Instead of rehashing the whole thing, you can read all about it in my post of February 9 if you're so inclined.

Above, the snow-covered streets of the village near the Yachiyodai Station in Chiba Prefecture. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is interesting to read in different articles about how the Japanese coped (sometimes not too successfully) with the storms of February 8-9 and February 14-15 since they happened. I am positive that they are still topics of conversation in dining rooms and workplace water coolers in Japan and elsewhere.

One thing I can say about the experience, it certainly made the trip more interesting and it did not make for a dull trip!


No comments:

Search This Blog