"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 14, 2014

Cell Phone Movie Night


One of the nice things about my new cell phone is that I can pick up the Internet on it and can watch movies that are posted on YouTube.

Last night, during quiet periods at work, I managed to watch two old movies that are favorites.

The first one was Operation Pacific (1951), starring John Wayne, Patricia Neal and Ward Bond. In this movie, Wayne is a submarine commander who has to figure out why their torpedoes aren't detonating upon impact on enemy ships and ties to woo back his ex-wife (Neal).

It has been a while since I've seen this movie and it was nice seeing The Duke in action.



The second movie was one I saw in an Inglewood, California theater when I was ten years old: Fate Is The Hunter (1964), starring Glenn Ford, Rod Taylor, Nancy Kwan and Suzanne Pleshette. In this movie, Glenn Ford is an executive of an airline company who investigates the crash of a passenger jet after take-off from Los Angeles International Airport that was piloted by an army buddy (Taylor). Fate Is The Hunter is (somewhat) based on a 1961 bestseller by Ernest K. Gann.

Fate Is The Hunter was a very engrossing movie when I was ten and it still is 50 years later.

I have to thank the people who uploaded these movies onto YouTube.


No comments:

Search This Blog