"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 7, 2014

Denny's Celebrating 40 Years In Japan

Above, a Denny's sign in the background at right near Nakamise Street. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A little over twelve years ago, I made my first visit to Japan. One thing that really surprised me on that trip was to see a Denny's Restaurant a couple of blocks from my ryokan in Shibuya. I've known that Col. Sanders and McDonald's were in Japan, but Denny's?!

It was actually convenient for me as I prefer a western-style breakfast over Japanese breakfasts. I just prefer eating Japanese food for lunch or dinner. So I would head over to Denny's for breakfast.

What brought this up is that RocketNews24 has an article on Denny's celebrating forty (40) years in Japan:
In honor of the Denny’s restaurant chain opening its first Japanese location 40 years ago, Denny’s Japan will be offering a special “American Fair” menu starting on April 15. Of course, such an announcement raises questions about just what exactly this American Fair involves and whether it’s authentic or not.
Americans may also question the date that the special menu is starting on. Maybe Denny's Japan is unaware that April 15 is known as tax day.

To read the article, go here.



No comments:

Search This Blog