"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 7, 2014

This Month's Airfare Check - LAX To Tokyo

We're in a new month and it is time to check the airfares between Los Angeles International Airport and Narita International Airport (or, possibly, Haneda Airport) that serves Tokyo.

Yesterday's Los Angeles Times Travel Section published round-trip airfares that they found.

The fares ranged from a low of $787 to a high of $1,387, which don't include any taxes or fuel surcharges.

Then, after seeing what the L.A. Times found, I went to my favorite source for airline tickets, GatewayLAX, and these are what they came up with:


Note: The above (and below) prices are not counting any taxes or fees. Also, the above arrival and departures are for Haneda Airport in Tokyo. To be honest, although arriving and departing from Haneda would be more convenient, it is with one of my least-favorite airlines, Delta Airlines. But that's my personal bias, you may feel differently.

However, for the same price, but with arrivals and departures from Narita, you can fly with Japan Airlines (below). If it were me, I would go with Japan Airlines. Although I have never flown with JAL, I have friends who do fly with JAL and they say their service and food are far superior than any U.S. carrier's.


That's it until next month.


No comments:

Search This Blog