"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 16, 2014

ONE MILLION PAGE VIEWS!



When I started this blog back in 2008, I had not a single idea that it would eventually rack up over one million views. I had no plan or desire to be "the next Matt Drudge" when I started it. But here we are, over one million page views, and in a little over six years. Not bad.

Here's the official count by Blogger:



It wasn't that long ago that I blogged about reaching 500,000 page views. It was on September 14, 2012 when I posted about that milestone. It took only over a year and a half to reach the second 500,000 page view milestone. Not bad.

I am especially pleased that this milestone should come on the official day (at least in the U.S. anyway) that the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros. Godzilla is being released to theaters.

Over the past several days, it has been fun to pass along (with some comment) the various reviews of the movie along with acknowledging the media articles on Godzilla's history which, surprisingly, pays tribute to the original vision for the character as conceived in 1954 Japan. It has been long in coming and the only sad part about it is that Tomoyuki Tanaka, Eiji Tsuburaya, Ishiro Honda and many others involved in the creation of Godzilla aren't with us to enjoy the applause.

This blog was conceived as my "outlet" for musing about different subjects that I am interested in. They include travel, history, current events, politics and entertainment. This is not a "one trick pony" blog that so many others are, by self-aggrandizing egotists. Apparently, I found the right combination as it drew over one million page views since its inception.

It is pleasing to note that readers of this blog aren't only from the United States, but also from countries from around the world including Europe, Asia, Africa, North America (besides the U.S.), Central America, South America and the South Pacific (Pacific island nations and Australia).

In closing, I thank all of you who have stopped by to have a look and hopefully you were informed, entertained and enlightened during your visit. I will continue to strive to post blogs that will continue to inform, entertain and enlighten.

One million. That's a lot of people!

4 comments:

Gary said...

Congrats

Vaughn Banks said...

Congratulations. Great blog. One of the best. Keep up the good work.

Armand Vaquer said...

Thanks, guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats cousin.......Your blogs have always had the capacity to fill my brain with things I would never have even cared to seek out and found out I was very interested in thereafter. You have a very fine, respectful and opinionated view on politics that I love........you definitely make your point in such an educated fashion. Keep up all the great info and opinions and know that I am honored to be amongst the mil..........much love

Search This Blog