"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 27, 2014

Visiting The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

Above, before entering Air Force One (SAM 27000), a photo or two is taken of 
each guest at the plane's door. Photo by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

This morning, I had some business to attend to in Newbury Park (near Thousand Oaks). Since I was in the area, I thought I would go to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in nearby Simi Valley for lunch and look over the changes to the Library.

The Reagan Library made a lot of changes to the exhibits and the gift store. This was the first time visiting the Library since 2006.

As my visit was a spur-of-the-moment thing, I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to use the camera of my cell phone.

I made my way through the exhibits. They ranged from Reagan's days as a Hollywood actor, as governor of California, his campaigns for the presidency, ending the Cold War and his funeral.

After going through the galleries, I made my way to the Air Force One Pavilion. There, I had my picture taken at the entry doors to Air Force One and a Marine One helicopter (last used during the Lyndon Johnson presidency). I didn't like how the Marine One photos turned out, so I didn't buy any.

There was one surprise, the 1966 Bat-Cycle used in the Batman television show starring Adam West and Burt Ward was on display at the Library.

Here's some of the highlights in pictures:

Above, the replica of the Oval Office as it looked during Reagan's presidency. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Ronald Reagan Irish pub in the Air Force One Pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the forward section of Air Force One. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the 1966 Bat-Cycle used in the Batman television show. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, another view of the Bat-Cycle. It was made from a '66 Yamaha. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


















Above, President Reagan's tomb. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For more information on the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog