"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Aso-Kuju National Park

Above, this is all I could see when I visited Mt. Aso in 2007. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

In April 2007, I paid a visit to Aso-Kuju National Park in Kyushu to see where the Mt. Aso volcano(es) where the two Rodans met their demise in Rodan (1956). Unfortunately, the park was in the midst of a blizzard during my visit, so I didn't get to see much of anything except for a few yards of snow.

However, if one wants to see what the park looks like in clear weather, Rocket News 24 has an article with plenty of photographs for you to enjoy.

They begin with:
Japan is a country with a whole lot of volcanoes of all shapes, sizes and persuasions. From the iconic Mt. Fuji to the recently erupted Mt. Ontake, you really can’t swing a koto around here without hitting a geological pressure cooker. And nowhere is that truer than the Aso-Kuju National Park in Kyushu, where they literally have volcanoes on top of volcanoes.
Although I didn't get to see much of Mt. Aso, at least I enjoyed the exhibits in their visitor center. Snow or no snow, I had an interesting adventure there.

Mt. Aso is covered in The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan on page 46.

To read the article and to check out the photos, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog