"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 29, 2014

"The Unknown People" Notes

Above, George Reeves and Phyllis Coates.

Due to owning the complete set of DVDs of the Adventures of Superman, it makes it easier for me to spot where broadcast versions of the show were cut.

Above, actress Beverly Washburn at the Superman Celebration Luncheon in August. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I noticed several snips during my watching of the two parts of "The Unknown People" on MeTV tonight. They were relatively minor, but still noticeable. I have seen worse hack jobs.

Above, Jeff Corey in 2001.
Still, it was nice to see the show on broadcast television. Next to I Love Lucy, the Adventures of Superman has had the longest longevity of any 1950s television show. A lot of that has to do with the start of color broadcasting of the show in 1965.

Someone within the Superman organization was smart to film the 1954 -1957 seasons in color and store them in a vault until the time was right.

I have met four of the stars of "The Unknown People"over the years. First, it was Jeff Corey, who played the villain Luke Benson. Then it was Billy Curtis, who played one of the mole men. Next, I met Phyllis Coates, who played Lois Lane. And, finally, I met Beverly Washburn, who played the little girl, at this year's Superman Celebration.




No comments:

Search This Blog