"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thoughts and Prayers To The Nguyen Family

Above, Christine Nguyen.
When one gets older, we inevitably have to deal with the passing of our parents. It is to be expected, but it still doesn't make it any easier. I had to deal with my father's death 15 years ago and my mother's five years ago (the fifth anniversary will be in five days).

Thanks to friends and family, it made those ordeals somewhat easier to cope with. The first message of condolence I received following my mother's death was from actress Christine Nguyen. Her gesture was very much appreciated and not forgotten.

Since then, a couple of coincidences have come to light, of which Christine and I have marveled about.

First, we both were born on February 4. And, second, our mothers were both born on March 11. What were the odds of that happening?

Unfortunately, a third "coincidence" has occurred.

Christine's mother Kim passed away last week after a long illness. Once I learned the news, I sent Christine a condolence email. I know that her mom's passing hit her and her family hard. Christine was very close to her mom.

Yes, Christine's mother and my mother both earned their "angel wings" in the month of January.

Yesterday, Christine posted the obituary she wrote that will be appearing in today's Houston Chronicle. It is a very lovely tribute to her mother and I thought I would share it here.



My thoughts and prayers go out to Christine and her family during their time of grief.








1 comment:

Vaughn Banks said...

I wish to convey my deepest condolences to Christine and her family. May God bless and comfort you all.

Search This Blog