"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Clint Eastwood Election Night 1980

Above, Clint Eastwood at the Reagan Victory Party, November 4, 1980. Photo by Paul Evans.

The above photo of actor Clint Eastwood was taken at a private reception at the Century Plaza Hotel on Election Night on November 4, 1980 when former Governor Ronald Reagan was elected president.

The reception was held in a meeting room for campaign chairmen (I was a campaign chairman in my congressional district for Reagan in 1980) that was separate from the big ballroom shown on television. A number of celebrities attended besides Eastwood. They included Red Skelton and Fred MacMurray (those are the ones I remember). With Eastwood that night was his then-girlfriend Sondra Locke.




I didn't bring a camera with me that night but a friend did. He took the snapshot of Eastwood at top. At least I managed to get Eastwood to sign my ticket (above).

Eastwood had two movies released in 1980. Bronco Billy was released in June and Any Which Way You Can was released in December.

No comments:

Search This Blog