"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today's The Day!

Above, the Van Nuys Flyaway bus at LAX. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
Today's the day that I pick up my new toy.

My taxi will be here in a half hour to take me over to the Van Nuys Flyaway for the bus ride to Los Angeles International Airport to take a one-hour flight (actually, more like 45 minutes) to San Diego. There, the dealer will pick me up from the airport to take me to the dealership.

At the dealership, all the paperwork will be signed and the cashier's check handed over. After this, they will give me a detailed walk-through of the motorhome to show me all the features and how to operate them.

Fortuately, I had a Gulf Stream motorhome 25 years ago, so I know the basics on motorhome operations.

As I did when I bought the Gulf Stream, I will video the walk-through so I have it for future reference.

Above, the new toy.

Once I am done with the walk-through, I will be doing some shopping for items for use in the new motorhome. I have some camping equipment items, but there are some I still need to get.

After all this, I will be driving back to L.A. En route, I will make a stop in Mission Viejo (which is on the way to L.A., just off Interstate 5) to visit my aunt and cousins. I haven't been there in a while, so this will be a good opportunity to pay a visit.

It will be interesting to see the changes along the coastal route of Interstate 5. I haven't been there for several years.

Should be a fun day!

No comments:

Search This Blog