"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Las Vegas Parting Shot: Mount Potosi

Above, the dark silhouette of Mount Potosi in the distance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Recently, I read Fireball: Carole Lombard and the Mystery of Flight 3 by Robert Matzen (Paladin Communications). When I was finished with it, my daughter Amber (a Clark Gable fan) borrowed it to read. For those who are fans of Gable, Lombard or Hollywood history, I recommend this book.



Ever since I read Gable and Lombard (made into a so-so movie with James Brolin and Jill Clayburgh) in the 1970s, I've found myself looking at Mount Potosi to the southwest of Las Vegas whenever I was in Las Vegas. The DC-3 carrying Lombard slammed into Potosi in January 1942.

As we headed home last evening from Las Vegas, I stopped along the road to take a few snapshots of Mount Potosi, one of which is posted above.


No comments:

Search This Blog