"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 7, 2015

Laborious Day

Above, The Beast. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Labor Day was just that, full of labor.

First, I got two new Goodyear tires for the Mustang. The left front developed a leak (it was completly flat when I went to work, so I drove the motorhome to work) and the tread was getting pretty worn. The right front was about the same. So I replaced them both. The back tires are still okay.

The second thing was to get The Beast washed, especially the roof. I had to go to two different coin-operated car washes as the brush head broke off from the handle at the first car wash, located in Northridge. The manager was there and I notified him. He was grateful that someone was honest enough to tell him.

So, I went to Chatsworth (almost near the former Iverson Movie Ranch) to another coin operated car wash. Not too many of them have clearance high enough to accommodate big vehicles (the RV is around 12 feet high). That's why I went from Northridge to Chatsworth.

There, I finished scrubbing the roof (it needed it) and the rest of the RV. After rinsing and applying protective car wax, I was finally done. I got on the 118 Freeway to "blow dry" the RV. By the time I got home, it was completely dry.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home and went out to dinner with Amber at Crazy Tokyo Sushi.

After coming home and kicking back, I decided that I would mop the RV floor. I got tired at looking at the spots on the floor left over from the Lake Havasu trip. So I mopped the floor. It was hot outside, even at seven in the evening. That, plus running the generator and RV air conditioner, dried the floor pretty fast.

Now I am done for the day.

No comments:

Search This Blog