"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Retirement

Above, a scenic view at Yellowstone National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This is my first full day of retirement.

Once I settle in and get a normal sleep pattern after nearly three years working the graveyard shift, I can concentrate on projects and things that I want to accomplish.

Topping the list is the new edition of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan. Now that I have about 99% of the material I want to include in it, I can begin work on it. (I also have to find the right desktop publishing program.)

When time is free, I will also do some traveling around in the RV. This will involve short trips and trips of longer duration. It will be nice to be able to do what I want.

The security company I was working for (my parachute job) wants me to work as a rover, filling in where people have called off or going on vacation. I will probably do some, but not until about February. I have to limit it so that I don't get penalized by Social Security. You can only make so much per year without being penalized when one is collecting Social Security. I will continue to work claims as they come in. But that, too, will have to be limited. I now have the freedom to pick and choose what I want to do.

Last night, Denise and I went out for a massage. If you haven't tried it, you're missing something that is beneficial. It is a great stress-reliever. No, it is not the kind that includes a "happy ending".

No comments:

Search This Blog