"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Yosemite, Here I Come!

Above, the selected campsite.

Today is the first day that the National Park Service starts taking reservations for campsites in Yosemite National Park for 2016.

Knowing this, I had my phone's calendar set to alert me and I made my reservations in the nick of time. They go fast!

It has been over 25 years since I was last in Yosemite and I have the urge to visit the park. I have never camped in Yosemite itself, so this will be a new experience. I got on to the National Park Service's reservations website and reserved three nights in April. I will be staying at the North Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley. I even was able to select the specific site from their list of available sites. Pretty nifty!

Above, map of Yosemite Valley.

The site is within easy walking distance from the Merced River. The park has a free shuttle service on the valley floor. One of the stops is near our campground.

Although the Sierras are cool during the spring months, at least there won't be so many hordes of people as in the summer months.

No comments:

Search This Blog