"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Those Kiyomizu-dera Stairs

Above, the stairs to the stage building can be seen to the left in our tour group photo.

While lunching with Peter H. Brothers today, we were talking about my recent trip to Japan.

We focused a bit on Kyoto's Kiyomizu-dera. He recalled that the stairs going up to the stage building were brutal. He and I went there in 2004 with G-TOUR.

I told him that although I wanted to visit Kiyomizu-dera again when we were planning the trip, I dreaded going up those stairs. However, as I told him, they didn't seem so bad this time.

I remember being tired and winded as I was going up them back in 2004. I said that we went there during the brutal heat and humidity of August. That played a big part.

I pointed out that when Denise and I went last October, it was much cooler and there was no humidity. I also said that I was a bit heavier back in 2004 (about 40 to 50 pounds heavier) as well. I can easily say that I am in much better shape now. That makes a difference!

No comments:

Search This Blog