"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, February 15, 2016

"And God Said, "Let There Be Light!""

Above, the new light fixture. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, the light bulb blew out in the kitchen light fixture. It had only been in for about two weeks.

I went to change the bulb. I took the other one out and put in a new one. While I was standing on a chair and about to put the glass globe back over it, I flipped on the switch to test the bulb and the fixture went up in smoke and sparks. My face was about ten inches from it, but I luckily had my glasses on.

I immediately notified the building manager and today a new fixture was installed. The maintenance man looked at the old fixture and saw that there were two bare wires (the positive and negative) touching. That's what caused the fixture to blow.


No comments:

Search This Blog