"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, February 29, 2016

ECV Membership Reactivated

Above, Glenn Thornhill, Abe Hoffman and yours truly in Amboy, the last clamp-out I attended.

Finally, after nine years, I have reactivated my membership in the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus.

I just paid my dues with the Los Angeles County Chapter, Platrix No. 2, through Paypal (that is sure handy) and plan on attending the spring clamp-out at the Tehachapi Loop in April.

Unfortunately, when I lost my job in November 2007, the jobs I had scheduled me to work weekends and getting time off was almost like milking a bull. I did manage to attend a plaque dedication or two since then, but no chapter camping trips.

Additionally, my 1985 Nissan Pick-up with a camper shell, kicked the bucket as I was on my way home from a Billy Holcomb Chapter's clamp-out in Amboy in October 2007. I had a tent to use, but the time-off issue was the main problem.

Since I am retired and my time belongs to me and now that I have The Beast, I can start participating in clamp-outs again (well, my "other half" permitting). (Hmm, wonder if Denise would like to go to a widder's ball next year?)

Search This Blog