"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Kaiju Trivia: Date Masamune In "Gamera 2"

Above, the statue of Date Masamune as shown in Gamera 2.

It had been a while since I've watched Gamera 2: Attack of Legion (1996), so I put it in the machine today. It is my favorite of the Shusuke Kaneko Gamera trilogy.

There is a scene in Sendai, Japan in which the Legion flower pod bursts into bloom, causing debris to cascade down on pedestrians in the street. Right after that, in a shot what just about almost disappears in a blink of an eye, news reporters are standing in front of statue on a pedestal.

Above, the statue of Date Masamune during my 2006 visit. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I hadn't noticed it in the movie before, but I visited that statue in 2006 when I visited Sendai. The statue is of Date Masamune, the feudal ruler of the Sendai region. The statue is located on a hilltop where Sendai Castle once stood.

Just a little trivia for y'all!

No comments:

Search This Blog