"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, February 29, 2016

Retirement Does Have Its Advantages



Some good news on two fronts arrived in today's mailbox. Both are tied into my retirement and both show that there's advantages to being retired.

First, I received notice and a Benefits Identification Card from the State of California that I am eligible be on the state's Medi-Cal program. This is due to my monthly retirement income. No more Obamacare worries!

Second, I received my National Park Service Senior Pass. This is a lifetime pass for seniors over age 62 to the nation's national parks and other places that accept the pass. It also "admits the pass owner and any accompanying passengers in a private vehicle. For areas that charge a per person fee, the pass admits the pass holder and 3 additional adults (16 and older)." This means I can take Amber, Denise, Aiden or whomever to a national park for free! They just have to be passengers in The Beast.




No comments:

Search This Blog