"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 3, 2016

45s and Licorice Pizza

Above, a 45 on the turntable. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Earlier this evening, I was in the mood from some barbecue beef at El Paso Barbecue restaurant in Tarzana.

Before going there, I stopped two doors down at CD Trader, a shop who sells new and used CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays and LPs. As I was on my way out from browsing, I noticed some shelves tucked away full of used 45 r.p.m. records. I decided to come back after dinner to thumb through them

I did come back and bought a few records. Since I bought a little Crosley portable turntable last year, I figured that I would kickback tonight and play my new acquisitions and old records on it.

Above, the Licorice Pizza logo. 

I keep my 45s in a wooden rack I bought at the late, great Licorice Pizza record store in Lawndale back in the late 1970s or early 1980s. They had a big selection of 45s at about $1.00 each. I miss Licorice Pizza stores.

Licorice Pizza was bought and sold a couple of times in the mid-1980s and eventually was absorbed by the Sam Goody record chain.

Above, my Licorice Pizza 45 r.p.m. rack. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So that's how I spent my evening (Denise is still hurting from her surgery of last week and from a fall she took yesterday while mopping, so she spent today resting at home).

It was a nice nostalgic night for me as I was listening to the old records. 

No comments:

Search This Blog