"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Birthday, Yuu!

Above, Yuu celebrating her birthday in Japan. Facebook photo posted by Yuu.

One of the most enjoyable things that came from publishing The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan in 2010 was that I was able to meet some nice people and become friends.

One of which was actress/model/Japanese language instructor Yuu Asakura. I enlisted her to pose for advertising photos for the travel guide and we have kept in touch ever since. I attended a play that she appeared in a few years ago. Unfortunately, due to work, I had to miss a couple of others she appeared in. Now that I'm retired and my time belongs to me, I will be able to attend future ones.

Above, at the press and kick-off party for the play, Utsutsu.

I was able to briefly see her last year at Don Glut's home in Burbank.

She is currently celebrating her birthday with her family in Japan.

Above, one of the promotional photos for the travel guide of Yuu. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yuu has posted a number of photographs of her trip to Japan and it must be nice to celebrate a birthday with family while there.

Happy Birthday, Yuu!


No comments:

Search This Blog