"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 8, 2016

Roadtrip To Fresno

Above, a cigar store (?) Indian in the patio of Bravo Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I began my trip up to Yosemite National Park.

I left Tarzana around nine o'clock this morning. The weather was cloudy with occasional light rain. Not too bad.

Above, The Beast across from Bravo Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I headed north on Interstate 5 and then merged to U.S. Highway 99 in the Grapevine area. The road conditions were pretty good, with only one stretch of rough road.

Above, the entrance to Bravo Farms gift shop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Joining me on this trip is my cat Sierra. The last time she was in The Beast was when I brought her home from the shelter. She spent most of that ride exploring around. This time, she's been skittish and spent the whole trip from Tarzana to Fresno in my bed and hiding under the pillows.

Above, the sign over the urinal at Bravo Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I made a stop at the Flying J truck stop just north of Bakersfield for fuel and then at Bravo Farms Cheese Factory in Traver for lunch. I had a cheeseburger. It was great! I recommend a stop here if you happen to be traveling up U.S. 99!

Above, some of the shops at Bravo Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Bravo Farms has a gift shop with all kinds of "tourist trap" stuff to choose from.

The men's room was covered with vintage and humorous signs. One sign made me laugh. It was above the urinal. I had to take a picture of it.

Above and below, the snack bar at Bravo Farms. Photos by Armand Vaquer.



My stop for tonight is the Blackstone North RV Park in Fresno. I will rest up there tonight and head into Yosemite National Park tomorrow morning. This stop will serve another purpose: empty the holding tanks and to fill up the water tank.

Above, yours truly and The Beast at Bravo Farms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So far, I am enjoying this trip. It is nice to not be in any kind of hurry. If something seems interesting (like Bravo Farms), then I will stop to check it out.

No comments:

Search This Blog