"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Yosemite: Day Four


Above, Yosemite Valley just before sunrise. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Most everything in The Beast was packed away the night before in preparation to heading back to L.A.

I woke up around 6:00 in the morning. The weather was cool, clear and with some clouds. But it was bright out. The sun would be rising within 45 minutes.

Above, a meadow with Upper Yosemite Fall in the distance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once all the remaing items were stowed way, I started up The Beast and let it warm up. After a few minutes, I moved it off the leveling blocks and stowed them away. I was now ready to go.

I wasn't in a big hurry. The day's drive will be around 300 miles.

Above, Half Dome in the morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I was leaving Yosemite Valley, I made a couple of stops. One was to take some photos, including Half Dome. The other was up at Tunnel View to get some shots of the Valley. I stopped there on the way into Yosemite, and at that time, much of the Valley was shrouded with clouds. It made for some interesting photographs

Below, is a photo of Yosemite Valley as I was driving into Yosemite April 9. The one below it was taken on the way out on April 12. Both were taken from Tunnel View. Bridalveil Fall can be seen in both photographs. There was still some snow in the upper elevations of the peaks.

Above, Yosemite Valley from Tunnel View. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Yosemite Valley three days later at dawn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I was driving out of Yosemite Valley, I saw several deer alongside the road. Later, as I was driving through the mountains, I saw a coyote running along the opposite side of the road in the the middle of the lane. About a quarter mile ahead, several vehicles were approaching. If that coyote doesn't get out of the road, he's a goner. Unlike the mangy and skinny coyotes in Los Angeles County, this one had a beautiful fluffy coat and he looked well fed. One of the shuttle drivers mentioned that the Yosemite coyotes are often mistaken for wolves because of their coats. She also said they eat well in the park.

After leaving Yosemite National Park, I headed down Highway 41 towards Highway 99 and to Los Angeles.

I made four more stops. The first was to Bravo Farms to pick up a couple of diecast cars for Denise's son Aiden. Then another stop for gasoline and one for breakfast in Delano. The forth, and last stop, was at Camping World in Valencia to empty the holding tanks (Good Sam members are able to dump their tanks there at no charge) and to pick up a couple of bottles of Aqua-Kem for the the black water (toilet) tank.

Above, Tunnel View parking lot. The Beast is at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

About 40 minutes later, I reached home in Tarzana.

It was a good trip and I enjoyed myself. Sometimes "alone time" is good. This one was good.

I am not finished with camping for this month. In two weeks, I will be heading to Tehachapi for some camping with Platrix No. 2 of E Clampus Vitus.

Previously:

Yosemite: Day One

Yosemite: Day Two

Yosemite: Day 3


No comments:

Search This Blog