"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Visit To Camping World In Valencia

Above, The Beast at Camping World today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I purchased The Beast last year, the main consideration was that it was big enough to enjoy, but small enough so that I could park it in my apartment building's parking lot and still have room for my car.

That was accomplished. The Beast, which is a 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R, is 23 feet long. But, getting that size of a RV probably sacrificed some things. The only noticeable thing it sacrificed was counter space. There isn't any.

That problem was partially solved when I bought a cutting board for the top of the range. But, while cooking, I have to take the board off and I have no place to set the coffee maker and other things, except on the dinette table.

I found myself bored today at home. However, a sale catalog from Camping World arrived in the mail the other day and saw some items on sale that I wanted to get. So I jumped into The Beast and headed off to the nearest store in Valencia.

Above, the folding table set I bought. Photo by Camping World.

One, was a small folding outdoor table. I lucked out and saw that Camping World had them on sale for under $16.00. The one I bought came paired up with a smaller outdoor table. So, I got two outdoor tables for under $16.00. Not bad.

Above, the cutting board/sink cover. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The other thing I was after was a cover/cutting board for the sink, which is located next to the range. Camping World had those, too. So, after seeing how it looks on the sink, I bought one.

Along with those two items, I also bought some other odds and ends (such as holding tank chemicals).

The little trek to Valencia was successful. I got what I needed and I also got myself out of the house for a couple of hours.


No comments:

Search This Blog