"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 2, 2016

Checking Out Mustangs

Above, a very tempting 2016 Mustang Coupe . Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I had to go into Woodland Hills to pick up something from Best Buy and decided to drop in at Vista Ford to check out their used Mustangs.

Unfortunately, there were none to look at. The salesman told me that due to the recall of mid-2000s cars of many makes, including Ford Mustangs up to 2014, their supply of used cars is a bit meager. The recall is related to the Japanese airbag company, Takata Corp. Airbags in vehicles during the mid-2000s have safety problems such as shrapnel being shot out when an airbag deploys. People have already been injured and killed because of this. There's an enormous back order of replacement airbags for the cars affected and it is taking a long time to get and install them.

As my 1989 Mustang is getting on in years, available parts is becoming more difficult to find. It is currently running fine, but that could change at any moment. So, I am considering buying a newer model. Since I bought The Beast new last year, a used vehicle is less painless for my wallet.

Since I was there, I decided to take a look at the 2016 Mustangs. The prices ranged from around $27,000 to $42,000, depending on the model and options.

I did like the 2016 Mustang Coupe (pictured at top) its sticker price was $28,000. I sent Denise the photo of it and said, "I am soooo tempted!" That was somewhat an understatement!

I'll decide what I am going to do once I get back home from Hawaii.

No comments:

Search This Blog