"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 18, 2016

Good News! Jacquese Scott Served!

Above, Jacquese Scott in Hawaii. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Good news was received in the mail today!

I received notice today (Proof of Service) from the Court Services Division of the San Fernando Sheriff's office that Jacquese "Jackie" Scott was served with my Small Claims lawsuit on Thursday, July 14 at 6:45 AM.

The lawsuit stems from the Hawaii trip in May in which Scott joined Denise Santos, her son and I. I was asked to "front" the money for her portion of the trip and Scott agreed to reimburse me, which totaled $1,408.25.

To date, she repaid $600 of that amount and she owes me $808.25. I am perplexed as to why she let things come to this since she knows she owes me. As I've said before, I haven't been dealing with logical people lately (some have called them "dishonest"). Whatever transpired between Denise Santos and me has nothing to do with Scott and her debt to me, even though they are best friends.

Despite two contacts via text requesting reimbursement of the $808.25, I received no response from her. I gave her until June 30 to comply. Since she failed to do so by then, I filed suit in Small Claims Court in Van Nuys. Now she can add my court costs to that amount. Stupid! I guess this is what happens when one is nice to people. Well, no more "Mr. Nice Guy"!

While I was driving through Yosemite National Park at that time on July 14 on Tioga Pass road, she was being served by the L.A. County Sheriff. I think I had the better morning that day!

This marks the end of step one in this case. Step two is the trial.

One down, one more to go!

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." - Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.

No comments:

Search This Blog