"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 8, 2016

The Day

Above, The Beast had its floor cleaned today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today started out with breakfast with Jessica, my former roomie at the Lamplighter Restaurant in Canoga Park. She had a craving for blueberry pancakes. I settled for chorizo and eggs.

Following that, we made a quick stop at a local Target store so she could pick up some vacuum bags to store some stuff.

After dropping her off at home, I headed home to sweep and mop The Beast's floor before the ungodly heat of the San Fernando Valley takes hold, making any chore in a RV uncomfortable.

After resting up a few hours, I will be meeting up with an artist I recently met. I am considering commissioning a painting. That's something I've been thinking about doing for a while. Up until now, I just haven't found an artist that I would consider using, since Sam Evans* is no longer available. She does very nice work (one of her sketches is below). She did a series of paintings with cigars as the subject that look almost like photographs.



Later, I'll probably be headed to West L.A. in the "Little Osaka" area of Olympic and Sawtelle.

*Sam Evans (David Ford) was an artist and the father of Maggie Evans (Kathryn Leigh Scott) in ABC-TV's Dark Shadows. He did the portrait of Barnabas Collins that hung over the fireplace at the Old House.


No comments:

Search This Blog