"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Two Months Ago Today

Above, the boarding gate for our flight to Maui. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is hard to believe that it's been two months ago today that we departed from Hawaii. Time just zipped by.

We had to fly from Waikoloa to Maui to catch our flight to Los Angeles. We arrived at LAX around 11:00 PM.

While the trip had its fun times, it could have been a lot better had Denise Santos and I had resolved some issues (no need to go into that) before we even arrived in Honolulu. But, it is over and done with and nobody has the power to change the past, just learn from it.

Knowing what I know now, it was probably a foregone conclusion that this trip would end up being our "last hurrah" anyway. Too bad.

Above, a coconut palm at the Waikoloa Airport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When we arrived at the airport in Maui, it was pouring rain outside, but since we were in a sub-tropical climate, it was still warm and humid out.

The best times in Hawaii were the Pearl Harbor tour, the Big Kahuna Luau, the drive to Hilo (it was interesting to drive through terrain that had volcanic cinder cones) and the helicopter tour. While the Sheraton Waikiki was nice, I preferred the Waikoloa Marriott Hotel and Resort on the Big Island.

Would I go back? Certainly. I promised my former roomie Jes years ago that after she recovers from a (hopefully soon) liver transplant, I'll take her there. I know that, with her, I would have a much better trip there the next time around.

No comments:

Search This Blog