"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 16, 2016

Task Completed

Above, today at CD Trader.

Yesterday, my cousin Ralph and I did some rummaging around in CD Trader in Tarzana.

I bought the Universal Pictures double-feature DVD of Dracula's Daughter/Son of Dracula. My cousin left empty-handed.

However, there was one 45 r.p.m. record he saw for $14.99 that he regrets not buying. It is "She's In Parties" by Brauhaus.

I've never heard of the song or Brauhaus. But apparently they were a 1980s goth rock band. I have heard of one of their songs, "Bela Lugosi's Dead".

According to Wikipedia:
"She's in Parties" is a song by English gothic rock band Bauhaus. It was released as a single from the band's fourth studio album, Burning from the Inside, in 7" and 12" format on the Beggars Banquet label. It was the band's final commercially released single. 
It reached No. 26 in the UK Singles Chart.
My cousin said the record is rare or very hard to find. He collects 45 r.p.m. record singles.

He's a happy dude now!




I was going to shoot a photo of the clerk holding the record, but he said he'd rather have me with the record in a photo. Okay.

When I got home, I put the record on my turntable and played it. It is still not familiar to me.

By the way, if you happen to be in the Tarzana area this weekend, CD Trader is having a big sale on records, CDs and DVDs.

No comments:

Search This Blog