"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Above, the statue of Gen. Eisenhower at the Library's central mall. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The day started off with a hearty breakfast in Abilene, Kansas atthe Hitching Post Restaurant, a block away from the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum.

I checked for reviews and found that it had received a lot of good ratings. I had their western omelette. Very good!

Following breakfast, as it wasn't yet 9:00, the Eisenhower Library's opening time, I went to gas up The Beast.

Shortly before 9:00, I went to the Place of Meditation, where President and Mrs. Eisenhower are buried along with one of their sons.

After that, I headed to the visitor center to get my ticket to see the boyhood home (Eisenhower's father bought it for $1,000) and Museum. The Library is just a research center, but they do have interesting displays on World War II on the second floor lobby.

After watching a film on the life of our 34th president, I went to the boyhood home and toured it.

Following that, I went to the museum and looked over all the exibits that ranged from Eisenhower's service as Allied commanding general to President of the United States.

After touring all of the facilites, I then headed west to Limon, Colorado. I made it to the Limon KOA Kampground in the late afternoon.

I will have to post another blog of photos of the Eisenhower Library and Museum as the Wi-Fi here is rather week (many campgrounds are notorious for weak Wi-Fi). I got lucky at the last two campgrounds as they had good Wi-Fi. The above photo took a long time to load.


No comments:

Search This Blog