"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Familiar George Reeves Busts

A couple of items in the Adventures of Superman section of the Super Museum in Metropolis, Illinois caught my attention as they are quite familiar to me.

The two ceramic busts of Reeves as Clark Kent and Superman were on a shelf. I have these in my collection. As far as I know, very few of these were made and outside of my own, these are the only other ones I've seen.

I don't know if this is accurate, but I was told that these were prototypes. The museum's Clark Kent bust seems to be in better shape. Mine has some minor chipping on the hat brim.

Above, the busts in the Super Museum. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the ceramic George Reeves busts in my collection. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog