"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Here Comes December

Above, one of the highlights of the trip: Monument Valley. Here I am with The Mittens and Merrick Butte.

Incredible as it seems, today's the last day of November. This month flew!

It was one month ago today that I started out on my cross-country trek in The Beast to Metropolis, Illinois for Noel Neill's celebration of life services.

The trip lasted exactly three weeks and despite the little tire problem in St. Louis, it was a good trip and I got to see many places along the way. It was a good experience. The tire problem made the trip about four days longer. The good thing is, since I am retired, I was in no hurry. I found a very nice (and reasonable) RV park in Topeka, Kansas and hung out there until my finances could permit me to press ahead.

Above, The Beast with the TV antenna up to watch the election returns. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was interesting to spend Election Day at the Double J Campground near Abraham Lincoln's Springfield, Illinois and watch the returns that night. Thankfully, I had good television reception (The Beast has a built-in TV antenna).

I am not sure if I would attempt another three-week trip. It all depends. At least I know that The Beast can handle it.

But shortly after getting home, it was Thanksgiving Day. It was good to visit with family after the trip.

Before we know it, it will be Christmas and then 2017. Hopefully, 2017 will be a much better year than 2016.

This sums it up:


No comments:

Search This Blog