"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

In Durango!

Above, Wolf Creek Pass. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am now in Durango, Colorado, the home of the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the train is on a short hiatus for when they begin their winter schedule and their trains go to Cascade Canyon and back. The call it the "Polar Express" ride. So, I can't ride the train. I'd be ticked if I went out of my way to come to Durango, but it was along my planned route, so no problem.

Above, the entrance to the Durango Year Round RV Park office. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am in a very rustic campground, the Durango Year Round RV Park, which is about 16 miles outside of town. There's old stuff all over the place. But, considering every other RV park in the vicinity is closed for the season, I can stand one night here before pressing on to Monument Valley.

Above, "Miss Innocent" and one new mat. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


After crossing through Wolf Creek Pass (gee, I am sorry I didn't bring my C. W. McCall CD), I stopped at a restaurant in Pagosa Springs for a snack and some coffee. They also have a gift shop.

Above, the other mat. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


One thing about traveling with a cat, the cushions to my dinette has been getting punctured here and there with Sierra's claws. She loves to climb, especially up to the cabover bed. I solved that problem at the restaurant's gift shop. They had some Navajo rugs and mats for sale. The mats were of different sizes and are woven wool. I decided to get a couple of them to cover the tops of two of the dinette cushions. Plus, they add some color inside.

Tomorrow, I am going to head out early so I can get to Monument Valley, hopefully in the early afternoon.

No comments:

Search This Blog