"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Made It To Lincoln Country!

Above, The Beast at the Double J Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a little over a half day's drive (around 370 miles from Memphis), I made it to the Double J Campground in Chatham, Illinois. Chatham is about five miles (depending upon who you ask) from Springfield, where the Lincoln home, tomb and library are located.

I will take those in tomorrow. Today, I am just going to relax at my "mobile election central headquarters" in The Beast. I have the television all set and there is (thankfully) decent Wi-Fi at the campground.

The drive took me across the Mississippi River into Arkansas where I caught Interstate 55. Interstate 55 took me all the way to Chatham. This was a relief since my drive to Memphis was a bit confusing. I drove through St. Louis, Missouri on the way here. I will backtrack when I leave and catch Interstate 70 in St. Louis for the trip home. As I was driving through St. Louis, I caught a glimpse of the Gateway Arch.

Above, a glimpse of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The campground itself is a nice one. There's a few other campers here, but I mainly have my row all to myself. That will help with Wi-Fi since there won't be many people (unless they pull in this evening) to hog up the Wi-Fi by downloading movies, etc.

Thus far, in all the campgrounds I've stayed at on this trip, it has not been necessary to use the leveling blocks to level The Beast. All the sites have been nice and level.

Since it has been raining for most of the ride, I will forego the barbecue and cook a salmon filet inside with rice and green beans for dinner. Then, I will relax and watch the election returns.

Speaking of the election, I have not seen a single Hillary Clinton sign anywhere today. But I have seen many Trump-Pence signs in front yards of homes and at businesses. Does this mean a landslide for Trump is about to happen?

Tonight, we shall see.

No comments:

Search This Blog