"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Springfield, Missouri KOA

Above, The Beast at the Springfield KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Right now, I am at the Springfield/Route 66 KOA in Springfield, Missouri. I arrived at 1:30, which is the earliest arrival I've made this trip to any of the stopover places.

It is a nice campground with plenty of shade. There's a handful of people here, so nobody's hogging up the Wi-Fi downloading movies from Netflix.

Above, not too many people at the KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the view looking towards the office/store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Kamping Kabins. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I left the Elk City/Clinton KOA in Oklahoma just before 6:00 this morning. The route took me to Oklahoma City on I-40. From there, I went up Interstate 35 to Interstate 44. Both of those Interstates were turnpikes with $4.00 tolls.

I'm going to be relaxing here at the Springfield KOA today and tonight and head into Metropolis tomorrow. That will be under 300 miles, so I should reach Metropolis by 3:00 in the afternoon.

Above, note the low gasoline price. Interesting station name. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While in Oklahoma and Missouri I was able to get gasoline for under $2.00/gallon. It has been ages since gasoline prices were this low in California. This helps in saving money in filling up The Beast's 55 gallon gas tank. The lowest I've seen was $1.84/gallon.

According to the radio and my Weather Channel app on my phone, we may be getting some thundershowers this evening. That will make things interesting and clean the exterior of The Beast.

Sierra has been content looking out the screen door since we arrived at the KOA.

By the way, I have seen only one Hillary Clinton sign on this trip. I have seen over a dozen Donald Trump signs since Sunday.

To access the website for the Springfield/Route 66 KOA, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog