"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016



While the snowflake libs whine 
I'm feeling just fine 
Because at this time  
I'm drinking my wine. - AV.

Above, yours truly relaxing in the patio.
Yesterday, I headed down in The Beast to Wildomar, California (near Lake Elsinore) to spend Thanksgiving Day at my cousin Maria's.

Rather than drive home in pre-Black Friday traffic, I decided to stay over in The Beast. At first I was reluctant to do so as I had just finished living in The Beast for three weeks while traveling. But it all worked out just great as I didn't have to drive 100 miles that night and I got eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. For some strange reason, I sleep better in The Beast than at home. Go figure.

It was an enjoyable time. Had I not retired a year ago, I would likely have been scheduled to work and miss everything.

Definitely no regrets on that!

Both my cousin Maria and my Aunt Gloria gave me high praise on my recent appearance on Hot Bench. This was the first I had heard they saw it. Both said I looked great and presented myself well. Maria said it was good to do the show to get everything behind me and move on a lot faster. That's been the general consensus of those who've seen it from my "honorary sister" Diane on down.

And, no. I still haven't watched the show yet, although I have a DVD of it. I really don't wish to relive it. As President Nixon used to say, "Remember Lot's Wife! Don't look back!"

Above, plenty of kids and pets. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Aunt Gloria and cousin Lucia. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, three generations: Chrissy, Maria and Gunnar. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, I ate light so I'd have room for some of this homemade apple pie. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, with my aunt and cousin. Photo by Ashley Kerr.

No comments:

Search This Blog