"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Tomorrow...

Above, barbecuing chicken at Deer Creek Valley RV Park in Topeka. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There's a couple of things I am looking forward to tomorrow.

First, it will be the day (hopefully) that my money transfer will go through so I can proceed on to Abilene, Kansas to see the Eisenhower Presidential Library and then, from there, go on into Colorado and be back in the western part of the United States.

Above, Sen. Greg Smith.
Second, if all works out, I will meet with Kansas State Senator Greg Smith. Most likely, this will take place after he completes a committee meeting in the state capitol. Thank goodness that I brought along a business suit (for the Noel Neill memorial service) so I won't be going there all grubby.

Depending upon when my money transfer takes place, I will either remain in Topeka (it is Kansas capital city) another night or proceed on to Abilene after meeting with Sen. Smith.

Thanks goodness I went to the Springfield, Illinois Walmart and did some grocery shopping. I have enough food and other necessities to last me a week while waiting for the money transfer. The transfer was made necessary after I shredded two tires on a sharp-edged curb of a traffic island in St. Louis, Missouri and I had to pay almost $500 for two new tires.

But, I can thank my lucky stars that that's all it was. No damage to The Beast itself. I do have to replace a wheel cover (the rear one) that got mangled. The driver's side front wheel cover got banged up, but is usable. I wait until I get home to deal with them.

In the meantime, I am barbecuing chicken tonight for dinner!


No comments:

Search This Blog