Well, the replacement rear wheel cover for The Beast arrived last night.
As it was pouring down rain last night, I had to wait until today to put it on the motorhome. So, as it was bright and sunny out, I set out to do just that.
|Above, the first problem lug nut cover. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
It seems that no matter what, there always seems to be some snag that rears its ugly head. When I was putting on the wheel cover, one of the lug nut covers popped out of the wheel cover. The wheel cover was aligned right and there were no obstructions, but it was hard to put on.
After the piece came out, I took out the cover and examined it. I found a crack in a very thin piece of metal that the lug nut covers are attached. I tried to put it back on to no avail. I then put the lug cover over the corresponding nut and tried to put it on that way, thinking that if the wheel cover is securely attached, the nut cover would be held in place.
Nope. No such luck.
So, as I was pulling the wheel cover off the wheel, another lug nut cover popped out. Again, there was a crack (or tear) where it is held in place on the same piece of thin metal.
|Above, the second problem. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
I ceased trying to take the wheel cover off and decided to call Lichtsinn RV (where I bought it) to see what they might say. They asked me to take some pictures of the wheel cover and send it to them. They will discuss it with Winnebago and (maybe) send out another wheel cover.
For an item that's over $250 in cost, it is very cheaply made, in my opinion.
We'll see what Lichtsinn and Winnebago have to say about it before proceeding further.
If it isn't one thing, it's another. It never fails.
Discussed this with Lichtsinn RV and they agreed to replace the wheel cover under warranty. I am returning the bad one today.