"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Making Use of Camping Discounts

Above, the office and store at the KOA Kampground in Beaver, Utah. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During my recent trip to Metropolis, Illinois, I stayed at several campground. Some of them were KOA Kampgrounds.

The nice thing about KOAs, many of them are great. But most of them are relatively consistent in quality.

I have been a member since I bought The Beast in 2015 and have stayed at many of them over the past two years. As a member, I get a 10% discount in camping fees. What's more, I also get accumulated points per stay that can be used for even further savings.

For example, when I stayed at the Needles (CA) KOA, I used some of my bonus points and had $10 knocked off of my night's stay. I currently have 8,940 points available to use.

Above, the sign of Blackstone North RV Park shows
it's a Good Sam Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Good Sam logo on display at the Graceland RV Park office. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

In other campgrounds/RV parks, most of them were Good Sam campgrounds in which my Good Sam Club membership got me a 10% discount in camping fees. I even received a 10% discount at one campground using my AAA (through the Automobile Club of Southern California).

There are other membership discount programs available to RVers such as the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association).

With prices rising while seniors are on fixed incomes, these discounts are a great help. Non-seniors can get the KOA Value Kard and join the Good Sam Club.

No comments:

Search This Blog