"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 1, 2016

One Month

It was one month ago today that the episode of Hot Bench that Denise Santos and I appeared in was aired nationwide.

I was on the road at the time, which was the third day of what turned out to be a three-week trip. I was in the Texas panhandle en route to Elk City, Oklahoma for the night, so I missed it. Don Rhoden was kind enough to record the show and sent me a DVD of it.

Other than scanning through the DVD video and making screen captures on the laptop that has no sound, I have not watched the show as of yet.

I was asked by a couple of people this past week if I had watched the show yet.

There are basically two reasons why I haven't watched it.

First, I really don't wish to relive it at this point. I'm not masochistic. As far as I am concerned, everything is over and done with. Maybe when a lot more time has passed, I may watch it for yucks. Second, since not enough time has passed, it would probably anger me all over again. Who really needs that? I have rid myself of the anger, justifiable as it was. I said all I wanted to say at the end of the show during the interview segment (shown during the end credits). There's nothing more I wish to add.

There were plenty of lessons to be learned by both sides. I only wish good things now.

We both have moved on. The last contact we had was about two weeks after the taping in September when I was contacted by Denise via text. It all began as an angry exchange. But, instead of concluding in a "nuclear exchange", it ended, surprisingly, in more of a cordial note after a bit of discussion and cooler heads prevailed. That's where I prefer to leave it and that's fine with me.



So, as of now, the DVD sits in my DVD library. Eventually, the episode will likely find its way on YouTube and truTV (or in re-runs on CBS affiliates). Ironically, ours was the first show aired of the new season with a new judge.

Back when we were about to tape the show or immediately after, someone said to me, "Wouldn't it be funny if all this gets you two your own reality TV show?" That would be an interesting concept. But, it ain't gonna happen!

Life isn't fair. The fair's in Pomona!

No comments:

Search This Blog