"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 26, 2016

Rodan's 60th Anniversary

Above, Rodan attacks Fukuoka. Toho Co,, Ltd.

Ever been in one of those moods where you didn't want to do anything in particular, but were bored stiff anyway? That happened to me this afternoon.

I mentioned this on Facebook and Neil Riebe made this suggestion in reply:
It's Rodan's 60th anniversary. Pop it into the DVD player and give it a watch.

I hadn't thought today being the 60th anniversary of Rodan. I checked and Neil was right. Rodan was released on December 26, 1956 in Japan by Toho.

Above, the Saikai Bridge. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I visited some Rodan locations in Kyushu in 2007. One was the Saikai Bridge near Sasebo City and another was the area in Fukuoka near Fukuoka Station.

Above, Rodan star Kenji Sahara and Armand in 2009 at G-FEST.

So, I took him up on his suggestion and popped it into my Blu-ray player. It has been a while since I last watched it.

Great idea, Neil! Thanks for the suggestion! 

No comments:

Search This Blog